Level 3 / 124 Exhibition St Melbourne 3000
2020 PLANET | Applying Sustainability Provisions in the Planning Scheme
Planning scheme controls with links to sustainability rating tools are playing an increasing role for cities in response to climate change, population growth and environmental pressures.
This course is designed to help planners apply current environmental planning provisions while also addressing ways future urban planning policies, controls and rating tools can keep improving to better achieve environmental objectives.
State government environment policy and planning systems officers, local government planners, environmental planners, consultants. Designed for people working with existing ESD controls, or for those considering their future application.
- Provides Victorian context for current and potential site specific environmental controls
- Provides statutory planners with outline of steps needed to meet relevant State and Local Planning Policies for Environmental Sustainable Urban Design (ESD)
- Provides strategic planners with practical knowledge and guidance to pursue planning scheme controls for sustainability and supporting systems to ensure their successful application.
- Provides environmental planners with an understanding of statutory planning processes and procedures.
- The session will provide an overview of the BESS and STORM tools (however will not do this in detail).
This course is presented by Loci Environment & Place Inc. in partnership with Low Impact Development and Council Alliance for Sustainable Built Environment (CASBE)